drops of thoughts...

Monday, October 18, 2004

semi-normal

i woke up this morning -- i made a mess of my covers last night. that's what i tend to do when i'm home. in my own bed. i find that my legs and clothes are half entagled with my huge comfy velor blanket -- it's nice. it's one of those things that make me love living -- waking up at home after eight or nine hours of sleep woven, one in the same, with my pink girly covers.
so, i woke up this morning, and just out of habit, looked out my window. i love this window. it's big and facing my great grandpa's beautiful brick home. this summer, andy and i turned out all the lights and watched thunder storms out this window. anyways, i look out my favorite window and i see g'pa's trees ablaze with an intense orange against a seamless blue sky. my heart may have swelled with excitement. i don't remember, i turned around and slept about 15 minutes more.
now, i have two of my favorite people in the room directly to the north of me (behind me, in my living room) and the sounds of a free HBO weekend seep through the walls. roger, my oldest brother (who is younger) is visiting... he's actually sleeping right now and andy, who is laughing at some tom hanks movie. today, i've been able to breathe -- and so right now i'm exhaling. and soon, after the excitment of wal-mart and pumpkin shopping, card games and late night breakfast, i will retire to my bed -- and start the bliss of fall break all over again. sleep. in my own bed. with my favorite window right next to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home