drops of thoughts...

Saturday, October 23, 2004

orbs and graves.

last night was the night of nights. a night to remember, a night to love.
~precursor~
my car, good ole' 93 Buick Gran Regal Sport (white) is a trusty car. 206,000 miles or so, good condition, red leather interior... THUNDER (that's her name)is equipped with a sturdy black bra - to hold up her headlights, of course. i love this car.
~another precursor~
heather and i saw paco and aaron at movie gallery - one of sixty billion movie stores in huntington. they convinced us to follow them out to the country and scare ourselves because there was an old insane asylum... ghosts, i say, ghosts. and it is the witching month. so we go, but alas! the whole operation was a no-go. so, the last thing aaron said to me was "go step on some graves". i didn't do that exactly.
~next~
heather and i went to the MCA to see what was up with our friends. anna was the only one not busy. we mentioned something about graveyards and scary times -- and it seemed to be appealing... to the three of us. hey, we like adventure, it's true.
~cold creek cemetary~
andy and i went to this country cemetary once. it scared me then, so i figured it'd be a great halloween blast. we went. we were driving around the old, tree fringed graveyard, when off in the distance i see grave stones all alone. i thought they were creepy, plus they were right up against the woods -- and a key thing to note about me, i hate woods at night time. heather decides to tell me to go that way. we do.
~the bump~
i'm crawling along, because who goes fast in cemetaries late at night? i turn a corner, hit something and all hell breaks loose, or at least my tire. at first we don't know what's going on. i thought my transmission was out because i couldn't go foward, or backwards and when i went to put ole' Thunder in park, the most awful noise was emitted. like a grinding or a chewing or something more awful.
~the panic~
i reach for my cell fone in my new hand bag i got this weekend, good thing it has a special place just for phones, and hold 3 on my speed dial "aaron senter". he answers and my heart is bumping, all the while heather and anna are trying to calm me down. i beg him to come and get us because we're stranded -- in a grave yard of all places. he thought it was a trick, so i swore on my life i was serious.
~my dear friends~
heather and anna are brave -- they get my handy dandy flashlight (thanks to my papa i have a flash light and an emergency blanket in my car) and check around outside. they don't see anything peculiar and they look at what caused the bump. it was a rock that stuck out of the ground like maybe 2 inches. i don't understand how it caused as much damage as it did. they get back in the car and tell me it's not so bad and they honestly don't think anything is wrong wiht the car. that freaks me out. i just figure we tapped into the gate of hell and my noble car just couldn't go any further. aaron is on his way -- this is my hope.
~my courage is tested~
finally, i shove the car in park -- get out myself, with them of course, and check transmission fluid (low, but okay) and then the tires (not good). the passenger side front tire rod has become dislocated from my car completely. remember, we are next to the woods in a night time cold creek cemetary... yeah. freaky. since we were so far back, my awesome friends decided we should walk out to make sure aaron and paco know we aren't tricking them. this is not a good idea to me, but seems logical. logical until i decided i was going to die. we were walking, arms linked and flashlight just a'blaring. i think i hear noises behind me, so i panic. then i see orbs flying around next to us, then i panic (the orbs end up being reflections off the gravestones from my flashlight).. heather and anna get a little rough with me as in forcing me to breathe and to calm down. if they didn't, i might have passed out. i hate woods (which are now behind us) and we're in a cemetary.
~heros in a chevy~
paco and aaron pull up with 2 more boys.. we explain it is no trick, they take us home. and much to their disappointment, we didn't try to murder them.

so, my beloved car is now successfully towed ($50 and the scare of a lifetime later) to Kipp's here in town... and i'm awaiting the $700 estimate. we just wanted to have some fun that didn't cost us any money. too bad, huh? plus, everyone now knows how big of a wuss i am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home