drops of thoughts...

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

pish posh

i'm smiling today, in my pink sweater. the sky isn't extravagantly blue -- it isn't even blue. it's gray -- and plain. all the leaves are falling off the trees, but there are still a few clinging tight to the branches. the yellow puff out this window that once was is baring the branches more and more -- but still, this day, i smile.
i got a new toothbrush last night. i love it. two times i have used it -- and two times i have fallen in love. there's just something awesome about a new toothbrush. i tossed out the old one with frayed bristles and worn handle. i hated to see it go -- i've had it since summer. and also with my new toothbrush, i have gotten out my old sweaters. a gray-sky-new-toothbrush-old-sweater day -- with a smile on my face!

even on gray days...

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe I need a new toothbrush. The weather here is twenty degrees below what it normally is for this time of year. Dreary.

Actually, it might be the pink sweater.

You capture the imagery of the world around you well. I enjoy it.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger erica*ann said...

my cheeks are little flush... and for that, i thank you. i am very flattered -- your compliment makes me smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home