drops of thoughts...

Friday, December 10, 2004

of picture phones and sun dresses

today, in my research class, a girl gave a presentation on attractiveness -- her hypothesis was that college aged people would think that men with chest and trunk hair significantly less attractive than men with bare chests and trunks. this was funny -- however, that's not my point. in her literature review, she found some facts about beauty -- she said something along the lines,"pre 20th century, for women, soft and plump was beautiful. now, it's thin and athletic"... i looked at the guy sitting next to me and disclosed that i wish it was pre 20th century.

last night, i dreamed of our wedding again, and it ended the same way -- botched up. the first dream i ever had, andy proposed to me at a petting zoo then the barn turned into a church and he already had my dress, but as i was walking down the aisle, they weren't playing the song i desperately want -- so i turned around, and started over.

the next one i had was over thanksgiving break, and i had an amazing dress, but i was marrying aaron marlow. yes, that's right. a high school boyfriend whom i haven't spoken with in over 3 years, i wasn't disappointed about marrying him - i was just upset that he had gotten me a tear shaped diamond.

last night, i had a sun dress on with no shoes and we were having it in my grandparents back yard, except we forgot to invite anyone -- so i was calling people left and right. my g'ma tried to convince me to wear a sweater -- i got incredibly mad and ripped the phone from the wall. then, i remembered that we dind't have rings to exchange -- being not prepared is stressful even in my dreams. then my dad shows up, odd thing about that is, my dad's been dead for four years. him showing up didn't freak me out, though, because he had on a hawai'ian shirt with khacki shorts -- so i just assumed he was on vacation. then it got too dark to have the wedding...

what? odd.

i failed a physics test today -
andy got a picture phone --
i got paid

that's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home