drops of thoughts...

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

stop over-reacting

my new blue shirt has a tag that says "charolette"
i have worn it two days in a row
my plan is to wear it tomorrow.

i smiled quite a bit today -- uncharacteristic on a nose-bleed day.

reasons why i smiled:
1) physics lab. i (and my friend matt) created fire with steel wool and batteries.
2) i almost fell down the stairs in our science building (let some curses slip with a respected faculty right behind me)
3) andy made me legitmately laugh on the phone tonight -- good phone conversations are a refreshing reminder...
4) my new scarf -- knitted with extra love
5) roommates are wonderful

today, my measly conclusion is that i struggle... but it makes me come alive. i doubt but it fans my belief.

(this optimism is unwarranted, i know...
but such is life.)

i like walking outside on nights like this --
taking deep breaths and filling me with cold.

the stars shine tonight -- as does my heart.
* i miss you *

1 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Blogger Babylon_is_Fallen said...

everyone struggles and everyone gets stronger because of it. it's the optimism about getting stronger in spite of ourselves that lets us smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home