drops of thoughts...

Monday, May 02, 2005

place mats to the future

somehow tonight the breeze reminds me of porch swings.
there isn't an eerie squeak of rusted chains rubbing on rusted hooks - even though i like that.
the wind isn't strong enough to tossle my hair back and forth and back and forth again - but i like that, too.
maybe the temperature is somehow resonating a nostalgic tone within my little body - my nostrils are rimmed with cold and i gulp down spring air -
and my lungs remind me about that one time i ran so hard with barefeet in my dad's back yard...
((hide and seek, they all lump together))
i never wore shoes when the time was right -- and once spring time rippened my feet were filthy. but that was the back yard, centuries from the porch swing that hung next to a dogwood.
that now is back to ashes and molecules floating invisibly around my existence. it seems so long ago when unobtrusive cars passed while i watched - and wondered.
it seems i always watch and wonder... with dirty feet and a hopeful heart.

sweet air tonight - go on and remind me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home