drops of thoughts...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

real beau brummel

there's one really great thing about me that i'd like to announce to the blogging community -- and it's not that i'm pompous, i am just proud of it. i tear up billy joel's 'it's still rock and roll to me' on karaoke(e). that's right. betcha' would've never guessed i'm a billy joel, karaoke kinda' girl. well, i am.
andy, my boo, got a singing machine for christmas 2 years ago from my grandparents -- i have full custody of it. and if there's one thing i like to do to unwind -- it's sing some billy joel. it's not only billy joel, you know. there's Sweet Dreams by LaBouche -- and here, i have to insert a shout out to Nicole Woods -- my back up. my lovely roommate heather and i butter up How Do I Live by LeAnn Rimes -- Lynsi Griffin, a sweet ass graphic design major can sing quite sugary to DayDreamin' by Tatyana Ali.. also, another nicole woods anctedote is that she rips apart the Beastie Boys.. and on a good day, J.Lo's Jenny from the Block. my england friend, Anna Lee does some serious Patsy Cline... honestly -- we're all very good.
so, when i turned on the radio -- billy joel was jamming to 'still rock n roll to me' -- and it brought a subtle smile to my face....

i'm listening to TLC right now... watch out 8th grade, silk pajamas, work boots and casey anderson's full size van where we had many TLC concerts...

in 6th grade, there was the violent femmes and nirvana. i had a kurt cobain shirt that i wore religiously -- i always had a blue and green flannel to supplement it -- and airwalks. i got bleach on the k.c. shirt one day -- but that was no hinderance... honestly, i never washed my clothes anyways -- a little bleach might have helped it...

i've come a long way -- NOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home